
I thought since I've decided to write a blog I might as well get my most commonly asked questions about moving to South Korea out of the way now.
So here ya go!
1. No I have never taught English before. I graduated from Oregon State University with a degree in Psychology, not education.
2. No I don't speak Korean...and no I'm not worried about it.
3. No I will not be living close to Seoul, however Korea isn't a very big county in general. The distance from Gwangju to Seoul is about as far as from Portland to Seattle.
4. I will have my own studio apartment, no roomies. Not that anyone could top Darc anyway...except for maybe E-rod & Jason...haha.
5. Yes I'm a little scared of the food, but I know I'll survive. Kimchi is actually not that bad!
So here ya go!
1. No I have never taught English before. I graduated from Oregon State University with a degree in Psychology, not education.
2. No I don't speak Korean...and no I'm not worried about it.
3. No I will not be living close to Seoul, however Korea isn't a very big county in general. The distance from Gwangju to Seoul is about as far as from Portland to Seattle.
4. I will have my own studio apartment, no roomies. Not that anyone could top Darc anyway...except for maybe E-rod & Jason...haha.
5. Yes I'm a little scared of the food, but I know I'll survive. Kimchi is actually not that bad!
6. I will be flying over with one other ESL teacher from OSU. There is also already an ESL teacher at the private school I will be working at from U of P. So no, i will not be all by myself.
7. Yes I will be getting paid a salary...and no I won't tell you how much it is. Stop asking.
8. No I'm not scared, I'm EXCITED, I get to move out of Oregon!!!
9. Yes I will miss my friends a ton! I don't know what I will do without you guys! :(
10. Last but not least... Everyone should come visit me is Gwangju! Or...at least think about meeting up to travel with me somewhere in Asia once my year is up!
p.s. Gwangju is also spelled Kwangju
No comments:
Post a Comment