"KIMCHI"
It's about 4am here. I love my new schedule! I work from 2pm to 9pm...aka I get to sleep in and stay up late, woohoo! Anyway I ventured into my first little 24 hour Korean restaurant all by myself tonight. I was starving! So picture a little empty hole in the wall (with no picture menu...lol) and me towering over two little old ladies, Korean phrase book in hand. All I wanted was mandu, which is pretty much little pot stickers and one of the only foods I can safely assume is fish free. I hate fish. Anyway the best part was me trying to explain through charades that I wanted the food to go. Lets just say the little old ladies were laughing pretty hard. I wasn't exactly laughing with them, but I also probably would have ate whatever they gave me at that point. Between this kind of stuff and teaching I'm going to kill at pictionary and charades when I get home. I'm proud of myself though, just think it only took like 2 months...haha.
I heart Korea.
1 comment:
I am so proud of you! You are doing awesome. It is good to hear that you are continuing to branch out into the unknown! Keep it up!
Miss you! Lauren
Post a Comment