From Portland to Korea and back...

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ok

Today all I could think about was how lucky I am to be here. I get to travel. I get to teach. I get to meet extremely interesting people and experience a entirely different culture. To top if off I have family and friends who love me back at home. I really can't complain, even if things don't always go as well as I would want them to. I know I will never look back on this experience and regret it. Not for one second.

So I'll have good days and I'll have bad days, but everyone does. And I will write about both. It doesn't matter if you're in Portland, Korea, Canada, Colorado or where ever, there will always be good and bad days. So even though sometimes I do get frustrated and hate it here I know I just have to take it one day at a time.

It's easy to think about the things I gave up, but it can't compare to what I will have gained.

1 comment:

Lauren Holmes said...

Nicely stated. I am going through a really rough patch right now, and it helps to be reminded of all of the good! Glad to hear that you are having so many good days, and just wanted you to know that you will always have me, here loving you. :)