I've often asked myself lately, "what in the hell was I thinking?"
Korea is like lego land. No matter where you go it pretty much looks the same. After almost 3 and a half months everything is kind of starting to blend together. Every street seems to be stuck on the repeat button... kimbop restaurant, drinking hof, little market, salon (oh how koreans love to get their hair styled), korean BBQ restaurant, spa, massive apartment complex like 30 stories high, a few double spinning barber polls and you're good to go. There you have the essentials to build your own lego land of Korea! With work being not so great lately I can honestly say I've thought of packing my bags more then once. It's not that Korea is bad necessarily, it's just that everything at home seems so much better. No worries though, I won't give up that easily.
Korea does have it's charms though. People here are by far the nicest people I've ever met in my life to strangers. Last night I had the cutest old taxi driver in all of gwangju. He spoke broken english but had me laughing for the extent of the 15 minute drive...
1. Do you have a boyfriend? Why? Why? Korean men veeeery handsome!
2. Me handsome?
3. Eat kimchi? I eat kimchi! We eat kimchi! Eat kimchi much!
4. Soju drink? Me soju! I die! NO soju! You soju! Much? No, no, no, NO soju me.
5. America? Canada? Ahhh, me America like veeeery much! Baltimore? Oregon...ahhh...ahhh...i don't know. What? Ahh California! Me like California! Baltimore?!?
...this is my life...haha
Like I've said before, thank god the kids are so freakin cute!
1 comment:
So glad to see you blogging again! I missed reading your funy tales. Sorry to hear that things have been a bit rough lately, and sorry that I keep missing your phone calls. I promise to call you back soon.
I think it is hillarious that you think it is like lego land.... I wonder if they sell drunk man laying in the street, and porn fliers for todays kids that are still buying legos! Then it would be perfect.
Glad to hear that everyone is so nice, and that the cabi's are so entertaining. Looking forward to more tales from the taxi cab!
As for me, I am so excited that I am finally going on my amazing trip... I leave Saturday night for New York and then Monday afternoon for Africa. Wish me luck!
Post a Comment