My two Korean co-workers moved last weekend. I was sad because they were by far my two favorite locals to hang out with. Awe...tear.
Somehow we decided to go to the zoo. Now that I think about it, I think I've been to twice as many zoo's in Asia then I have in my entire life. I'm not even a zoo person. I guess I am now, but I used to try to avoid zoos at all costs. It's always the one thing you do when you get to a new city because you don't know what else there is to do.
So anyway, I've never been to a zoo like the one we have here in Gwangju. The strangest thing was definitely the dog exhibit... golden retrievers, dalmatians, and siberian huskies ect. Apparently these are considered exotic...haha.
Most of the animals looked pretty malnourished and depressed. Definitely not the happiest zoo I've been to over on this side of the world. It kind of reminded me of the opening chapter in Life of Pi (a good book if you haven't read it). They all had these crappy little cages made of painted plastic rocks and green felt. Poor little guys. :(
These were the three poor little penguins in their tiny little plastic box. They looked so sad and helpless huddled at the door.
No comments:
Post a Comment