Ok E Mart is also like a big Fred Meyer's. I've decided that I never want to go to this place again (at least not without a Korean friend, which I plan on making very soon). I hate E Mart. Picture this...
You walk into a store after a short walk from your apartment where pretty much everyone you passed along the way stopped to stare at you (on a side note I've learned I get stared at less if I have my hair pulled back). Once in the store you become somewhat overwhelmed so you decided to start from the fifth floor and work your way down. You skip over the sporting goods, car accessories, furniture, bedding ect., and make your way down to the clothing. You decided to look around a little, something maybe catches your eye and then bam! Before you know it you have your very own little Korean side kick. By this I mean some crazy Korean lady who works there and until you actually leave that department will literally be right next you the whole time. Literally I mean, get out of my bubble crazy close. It's so creepy. She just smiles at you and you have no idea how to politely tell her to go away. So being somewhat freaked out you head down to the next floor for groceries. I should have learned my lesson the last time. After a few aisles you get a huge headache from painstakingly having to examine every box or bag to try and figure out exactly what is you might be buying. By the way really loud annoying Korean music is playing the whole time. About every five minutes you hear bells and some Korean lady comes over the intercom making some announcement to everyone in the store but you. A couple of little kids run up to you and yell "Hello," so you say "Hello" back and then they laugh and run away. You walk around for a little bit longer and then decided to give up because your eyes are starting to go blurry. You go to check out...this part is never that bad. The clerk says "kompasuminda," and then you repeat whatever shes says back and smile. You bag your groceries and then you get the hell out of there. By the way people are staring at you the whole time.
Sounds fun eh? This is why I need a Korean friend stat! ...lol. I've decided to stick to the market at the bottom of my building and the 711 for the time being.
2 comments:
Wow. Sounds like a regular circus! haha. 5 stories of Fred Meyer? I think that would be overwhelming in the US much less South Korea!!!!! So question (I know this is random) - where do you go to get your hair cut/died while you're out there for a year? Don't go jet black on us. ;o) Miss you hun.
<3
I have no idea...I'm hoping I find someone is Seoul. The weird thing about out here is that guys have the coolest hair I've ever seen. It's sort of like a cross between sexy messy and a mullet...lol.
Post a Comment