From Portland to Korea and back...

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Seoul

I've been in Seoul for the past two days and now I'm really sad I don't live there! I love it there. There are people everywhere, so much to do, and crazy shopping. I think I spent a majority of my time in the subway looking for good deals...lol. I wish I would have snapped a picture because this place was insane. No worries though because I'm planning on going back to Seoul a lot! I found an awesome leather travel bag for only 10,000 won and it's huge! I also went to visit the Namsan Tower. Before I actually went to Namsan I thought it would be really boring, but the view is absolutely amazing. It's crazy to be that high, look in every direction and never see an end to the city. They say the population in Seoul has now grown to 14 million.

Here are a couple pics I stole from other sites to give you an idea, although the underground subway shopping is by no means justified. I would post the few pics I got from the tower but due to "haze" they didn't turn out so great.




2 comments:

Lauren Holmes said...

So, it sounds like you are having a great time. Does crazy shopping mean that they have super cool stuff for really cheap? How much is 10,000 won? Is the Namsan tower that needle tower in the picture? Do you get to go all the way to the top? That looks awesome! That is a lot of people, and I am sure it is in a very small area?

Thanks for the photos... can you read what the signs in the pictures say? How are you lessons going? Good luck with training, talk to you soon!

Skye said...

Crazy shopping = really cool stuff for cheap.

10,000 won is about $10.

We didn't go to the top of the tower but we totally should have! I'm not sure how high you can go.

I have no clue what any of the signs say. They say though that it only takes about two weeks to learn how to read them.

I'm teaching summer class for the next month so I had to stop taking my Korean lessons...sadness. I'll pick them up again once my mornings are free.