From Portland to Korea and back...

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Mud Fest 07!






To start, I'm sitting in my apartment right now!!! I love my directors! This afternoon they took me to the electronics store to buy the right cords for my computer, everything works now!!! I have power & I can upload my pics...sweet!

This weekend was amazing! Pretty much just what I needed after a frustrating couple of days. Some of the other ESL teachers and I went to the Mud Fest at Daecheon Beach in Boryeong, which is basically like spring break for foreigners. It was crazy! From being covered in mud, to taking soju shots on the beach, eating at my first traditional Korean restaurant (where you sit on the floor), finally trying pulgogi (which is marinated barbecued beef cooked in front of you on a burner...which by the way is my new favorite Korean dish!), to crashing in a hotel room with like 8 other random people, I don't think I could have asked for a better time. The best part was finding my way back to Gwangju on my own. Try figuring out a bus schedule in hangul. Not happening...lol. Luckily I met some incredibly nice ESL teachers from Seoul who showed me the ropes :) Buses out here are crazy. If they sell out of seats they sell standing tickets. My bus back to Gwangju was 2 hours, I can't imagine standing for two hours on a bus. People out here are nuts!

Enjoy the pics finally!

1 comment:

Lauren Holmes said...

It is good to hear that you are having so much fun! The pictures for mud fest look amazing, I would have loved to be there! I am a little worried that you left the group, but glad to hear that you were able to make it home okay! You are crazy girl!

I am also super glad that your omputer is up and working. You will have to let us know how the whole phone thing works.

I sent mail to you, they said it would take one to two weeks. Let me know when you get it, so I know that the address is working! Jonas says hi! He was in town this weekend! It was so good to see him! Anyways, glad to hear you are having so much fun! Talk to you soon!
Lauren