I'm not going to lie I've been pretty lazy these past few months so I decided to start taking yoga as a stepping stone to getting back into shape before my year is up. I took a few yoga classes in college and at 24 hr fitness but I don't think anything could have really prepared me for my korean yoga class.
First of all absolutely no one knows how to speak any English...ok that's a lie, they know how to say hi, bye, and the days of the week...literally that is it. So three days a week I sit there stretching and I would say a good 97 percent of the time, have no idea what anyone is saying. This is great because usually I think I'm going to die...and can't express my pain. I think the koreans think I'm more tolerate to pain than I really am. In America the instructors always corrected me, but they never pushed me. Maybe I was just taking easy classes... i don't know?
Anyway, so there are two instructors (one cute short little man, and other who i like to affectionately refer to as the insane crazy lady). I'm convinced the insane crazy lady loves to torture me. She seriously pushes me so hard it feels like my muscles are going to tear. Really!... a person can only bend so far. I consider myself a somewhat bendy person, but I'm sorry I can't hold the butterfly position and bend so far forward that my chest touches the ground. Oh wait apparently I can can! At least when the insane crazy lady is sitting on my back! She is constantly yelled something at me, and I'm still not really sure what it is... I've decided she is telling me to breathe out. So every time she starts yelling I just start taking long deep breaths. Korean yoga is super fun! ...haha.
Oh did I mention that no can sit next to me either? Yeah, so since I have such long legs and the mats are really really close together I get to feel like the loser who has to sit all alone in the corner. Aside from feeling like a giant, I guess it's ok since I don't ever know what anyone is saying anyway. I'm not going to lie I still kind of feel like the giant outcast though. It's even better when I hear "waeguken" (which means foreigner) and then everyone looks at me and laughs. Oh wait, that happens all the freakin time! I figure they've got to get used to me eventually though. One old lady did bring me strawberries, which I though was super cute. I guess it's a start.
Wish me luck :)
No comments:
Post a Comment