I honestly can't believe I've been here for so long already. Holy crap. I still can't believe I'm here and how normal it is now. I guess it will never really be normal though. I think I'm doing really good for awhile and then it's the stupid little things that piss me off. For example...
1. Last week I got my haircut which is basically a crap shoot. No matter what, it's never what you want so i keep my fingers crossed and hope it's at least half way decent.
2. When I have to punish the kids and they're yelling back at me in Korean. I know if they're swearing at me but that's about it. Damn them.
3. When a group of Koreans high school kids walk by and laugh. Seriously.
4. The fact that you never know if Koreans are happy or pissed off you're anywhere.
5. When drunk Korean men follow me into a market and won't leave until they tell me they just want to be my friend at least twenty-five times in really crappy English, then proceed to try to drag me to the nearest bar. Picture this after a full day of teaching screaming elementary school kids. Not happening.
six. The fact that my six and eight keys don't work. I guess that's not really Korea's fault though.
7. Having hot water that only lasts for ten minutes.
eight. When i realize i should have held out for more money.
9. The fact that my walls are so thin I can actually hear other people peeing... I thought of that because it is actually happening as I type this.
Ten would have been a good solid number to end on, but now I'm getting sleepy and don't want to think about it anymore. Maybe my next post will be about all the good things, at least to even the playing field...especially now that i know some of my Korean friends read this.
K, i'm out. Night.
2 comments:
It was SO good to talk to you last night hun. We miss you a ton. The boarding pics are cool (even though the ice almost killed ya), and Mt. Hood misses you too - along w/ Bachelor! :o) Keep us updated on all the new travels, and have a Soju (sp??) for us. We down beers for you frequently. ;o)
you crack me up your blog is hilarious.
Post a Comment