I hate it here today.
Apparently there was a huge miscommunication regarding the schedule for the rest of the term. This includes the fact that there will be school on Thursday and Friday of next week. The week when I am supposed to be off exploring the inner workings of one of China's most exciting cities. Aka, my Hong Kong trip is screwed. To make matters worse, one of the other teachers quit. Awesome!
Korea also sucks because there is no such thing as a "sick day." I feel like this is a completely foreign concept to them. No matter how sick you feel you still show up. I'm pretty sure it's standard to keel over standing at the podium of your classroom. This also applies to family emergencies. If you have a death in your family, you still show up. That's just how it is.
Twisted words, broken promises, crying directors, school reputations, threatening to with holding pay checks, can I come home yet?
Where do you draw the line between the all American "god complex" and respecting the culture you've decided to throw yourself into. Sometimes I think people out here forget to think about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment